Technavio announced the top 10 global visual analytics vendors for the U.S. education market through 2020. Educational institutions are increasing their use of dashboards and visualizations within applications and business process management systems as part of their technology strategy.
Institutions are growing their adoption of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions to manage operations, therefore requiring an increased use of visual analytics.
The top 10 vendors are:
- Oracle: Provides tailored solutions for higher ed institutions.
- Qlik Technologies: Provides software products that focus on user-driven business intelligence (BI) solutions.
- SAS Institute: Helps explore data, discover new patterns, create visuals, and share insights through its analytics and BI tools.
- Tableau: Aids users in analyzing student enrollment, achievement, and demographics, along with streamlining educational reporting.
- Domo: Identifies at-risk students, tracks intervention programs, and measures student performance.
- Dundas Data Visualization: Provides solutions for visual data analytics and creation of dashboards and reports.
- IBM: Helps consolidate and integrate back-office functions.
- Logi Analytics: Enables the creation of self-service analytics tailored to improve the skill levels of users, and analyze data, share insights, and assist in decision-making.
- MicroStrategy: Provides analytics that can be deployed on-prem or in the cloud. It also helps in self-service data analytics and integrating with Big Data sources.
- SAP: Offers application and analytics software, and software-related services.
In 2015, higher education visual analytics accounted for approximately 80 percent of the total market share. Institutions use these solutions for “tracking student performance and success, facilities available on campuses, and also helps in managing funds by tracking alumni donations, fundraising procurements, and annual budgets without any hassle.”
On-premise visual analytics segment will account for 51 percent of the total market share by 2020.