The Department of Interior (DOI) is seeking to award a single award, hybrid Time and Material contract to provide, operate, maintain, and improve its IRWIN (Integrated Reporting of Wildland-Fire Information) system in support of the agency’s Office of Wildland Fire (OWF). The contract terms also include “supporting tools developed to support visualization and understanding of data integration.”
The IRWIN system integrates wildland fire data for an interagency community that includes the U.S. Forest Service, the DOI Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. It also includes state and local fire department managers through the U.S. Fire Administration.
The goals of OWF’s IRWIN system are to:
- Allow consistent reporting of data;
- Reduce duplicative data entry;
- Speed access to collected data in diverse source systems;
- Increase accuracy and availability of collected data; and
- Identify authoritative sources.
The Request for Quotation (RFQ) is seeking responses by May 1, 2019.