With network attack surfaces expanding, aggressive adversaries circling, and the Federal government more reliant than ever on the effective functioning of information technology to deliver citizen services, mitigating cyber threats and improving cyber security is a top priority.
Keeping Federal networks safe and resilient in the face of persistent threats is the primary mission of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program – and the focus of MeriTalk’s CDM Central taking place on Dec. 3 from 8:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. ET.
The CDM Central digital experience will highlight remarks from CDM leadership as well as several of its chief practitioners at Federal agencies who are working on the front lines to improve security.
On the program side, CDM Program Manager Kevin Cox, and CDM Dashboard Project Manager Judy Baltensperger will talk about the latest hot-button issues with the program including:
- Enhanced dashboard rollouts
- Cloud security pilots
- Mobile security issues
- High-value asset (HVA) protection
- CISA’s Quality Service Management office (QSMO)
And on the Federal agency front, you’ll hear from security officials who will share the practical lessons of CDM implementation, including:
- Steven Hernandez, CISO and Director of Information Assurance Services at the Education Department
- James Saunders, CISO at the Small Business Administration
- Robert Tagalicod, Chief of Cyber Communications and Engagement, Office of Information Security at the Department of Health and Human Services (pending approval)
Attendees at the Dec. 3 CDM Central virtual event are eligible to earn CPE credits, and will have the opportunity to help support the USO-Metro organization. For every attendee that visits all exhibitor booths during the event, MeriTalk will donate $5 to the USO-Metro, which strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home, and country throughout their service to the nation.
To check out the full program and growing speaker line-up, visit the event site.